So here's what I could have done today, if I'd summoned up sufficient willpower:
- Taken a walk in the absolutely perfect weather.
- Written at least one of several letters I want to write.
- Call someone to catch up on their life happenings.
- Read something for fun.
- Worked on taxes.
- Had a meaningful conversation.
- Played the harp.
- Petted the cat.
I actually started to do the last two things, but the cat left before I was quite ready for her to, and the harp was not as satisfying as I wanted it to be. So now, I'm back where I started. What to do with myself and the unexpected bit of leisure time.
What I'm tempted to do:
- Complain to anyone that will listen (which is, I suppose, what this blog is really all about)
- Whine (which I am doing).
- Eat something. (Waiting for the apple pie to come out of the oven).
- Go to bed (but it's only 5:42).
What I will do:
- Count my blessings (which should take me at least until the pie comes out of the oven).
- Eat my pie while I read something fun.
- Find the cat and pet her until she leaves again.
- Encourage myself in the Lord by remembering how lovely and faithful He is.
- Look forward to tomorrow and maybe a more brilliant blog entry next time!